The mission of the Kent Community Foundation is to generate and channel support for education and the cultural arts in the greater Kent. We achieve our mission by:
* Educating our community regarding opportunities to support promising grants and scholarships;
* Awarding grants for innovative education and community based programs; and
* Administering student scholarships.
* Quality education is a fundamental community strength
* Arts enrich life [inclusive of all arts: music, visual and performance]
* Enhancing education and the arts provides a good return on the community's investment
The Kent Community Foundation was founded in 1986 as an affiliate of the Kent Chamber of Commerce to support education and the cultural arts in the greater Kent area, including Covington. The Foundation serves as a vehicle for tax deductible contributions from businesses and individuals for arts, education and scholarships.
Over 95% of your contributions go directly to the recipients of our grants and scholarships for arts and education within the greater Kent area. Administrative costs are minimized because the Foundation is managed by volunteer board members and by using in-kind contributions from local businesses. Kent has grown significantly in the last decade, so there is an increasing demand for funding.
The Foundation is grateful to the Muckleshoot Charity Fund for their generous gift of $5000 this year to expand our efforts to enhance arts and education in the communities of Kent and Covington.
The Kent Community Foundation awards various scholarships each year to deserving students who wish to pursue higher education.
The Kent Community Foundation grant objective is to promote educational activities that inspire learning and/or cultural activities that encourage an appreciation for the arts. For schools, the grant should be for an extension or enhancement to the standard curriculum.